02 December 2005

Hmmm

Well, I've been kind of in a funk lately, so I think I may hold off in posting until after the Winter Meetings and after I digest some of the Bill James Handbook. So crazy projections in that book (Brad Eldred = .300/38/107?).

A few parting thoughts before the winter meetings in Dallas

- I'd say its 60/40 that Manny stays with the Sox. We'll see. If not, they need to get a lot for him.

- Jermaine Van Buren (RP) was traded to the Red Sox from the Cubs for a PTBNL. I think it's a good dead. Van Buren is a live arm that could help fill in the bullpen so the Sox don't have to turn to the likes of DFA'd Remlinger or Harville.

- Closers are making waaay too much money, especially after Tom Gordon got 3 years @ 11-12M from the Phillies. Wow. And he's 38!

- Zito will not be on the A's come 2006.

That's all for now.

No comments: