26 April 2006

California

I'll be down in Davis, Ca for the next few days checking out the UC-Davis campus and the area. Why? you ask. Well, looks like I will be moving to Davis by the summer to start an exciting new life as a postdoc. Woo! Woo indeed.

And seeing I won't be around to post my iPod Top 10, I thought I'd do it now.
Enjoy!

10 When You Wasn't Famous - the Streets
9 Once, A Glimpse - Maximo Park
8 Me Too - the Clipse
7 I Will See You in Far Off Places - Morrissey
6 The Ballad of the Sin Eater - Ted Leo/Pharmacists
5 Don't Call Me Whitney, Bobby - Islands
4 Emily Kane - Art Brut
3 Like U Crazy - Mates of State
2 Y.M.M.W.D.S.B. - Mon Frere
1 Walk Through the Fire - The Cast from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

If I haven't mentioned it, the new Islands album Return to the Sea is the bomb. Kaplow!

1 comment:

C W Magee said...

If you're planning a post-doc with A. Navrotsky, be warned: I know someone who went in all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and quit less than a year later. Evidently she keeps her post-docs on a very short leash. So make sure you know how much (or little) scientific independence you are going to have before starting work.