09 March 2007


This week went by lickity-split and more work needs to be done! Ack! I had a conversation today with one of the grad students here about consulting vs. academia and the allure of consulting, which came down to consulting being a job where your job is your job, whereas academia your job is your life and lifestyle. Ah well ...

Some sad(dish) music news today:
Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55.
Not sure why I care other than that "More Than a Feeling" was a gateway drug for me to start listening to 70's hard rock/metal.

Fantasy baseball season starts full swing this week for me, with 4 drafts in 10 days. Woo! We can all continue to enjoy my mancrush on Grady Sizemore.

And here is my current iPod top 10. Enjoy!
10 I Hate Scotland - Ballboy
9 The Sons of Cain - Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
8 This Sentence Will Ruin/Save Your Life - Born Ruffians
7 Scenic World - Beirut
6 Paragraphs Relentless - Dalek
5 Rachel Says - Campaign for Real Time
4 Rut! - B for Brontosaurus
3 Made of Steam - Dengue Fever
2 Did I Step On Your Trumpet? - Danielson
1 The Prayer - Bloc Party

No comments: