04 November 2005

Music Musings 11/4/2005

Oh yes, I'm supposed to write about music too!

New to my iPod:
Wedding by Annie - I heart Annie. I don't know why. I just do. This track from her DJ Kicks album is much less poppy and more clubby, which is good.
Tanglewood Numbers by Silver Jews - There is just something enjoyable about this rootsy/country indie rock. See my upcoming review on TIG.
The Campfire Headphase by Boards of Canada - Honestly, I haven't spent much time with this yet. I will.
One Way Ticket... by the Darkness - Yes, new Darkness. They must have subliminal suggestion in all their songs, as I can't find a single reason why I like them so much.
My Boyfriend's Back by the Raveonettes - Cute.
Play by David Banner - Can someone explain to me how this is a Top 40 hit? It's got to be the raunchiest song I've heard since Flower by Liz Phair. Man, it just makes me blush when I'm driving.

My most recent TIG reviews:
Invisible - Invisible
Mon Frere - Real Vampires EP
Xiu Xiu - La Foret
Fiery Furnaces - Rehearsing My Choir

2 comments:

Jesse said...

I've been listening to Annie also - VERY good stuff. Check out the song Anniemal too.

biglou said...

Jennifer was just asking me a couple days ago if I had ever heard of Fiery Furnaces, and I said no, but you probably had. I was right.