30 May 2006

Shuffle of the Day 15 - "O2" by Sleater-Kinney


Sleater-Kinney might be the archetype for college radio bands. Well, I feel that way because I discovered them in college when I was working at WCFM (Guerrilla Rock for the 90's, motherf*&ker). I found myself in love with my copy of Dig Me Out, thinking this was the future of the future, loving every moment of the frantic vocals, charged guitars and driving rhythms. Here was an album with passion that wanted to go somewhere and wasn't going to take no for an answer. Kind of like me, Sleater-Kinney has slowed down a little with age, and this track from One Beat, the album that marks the transistion of the band from youth band to adult band, is much more my pace these days. Most people in the U.S. have never heard of or will never hear any Sleater-Kinney, but hey, I feel like I've grown up with them since college.

No comments: