26 October 2006

Allergies can bite my ass


The wind here whipped up every allergen known to man and now I have a helluva a headache. Yeah. Fun stuff...

I've been meaning to write a little bit about a song that I find truly amazing. I mean, I toss around the idea that I think songs are really good, be that they be catchy or danceable or something like that. However, "Hope There's Someone" by Antony & the Johnsons transcends most everything. The song is remarkable in its emotional capacity, its melacholy and the remarkable well of hope that seems just below the surface. As lame as it might seem, every time I hear this song (and I've heard it a lot) it gives me chills and if it catches me in the right mood, I can almost get downright weepy. It is the sort of song that I feel like I can't do justice to in the written word because it causes such visceral reaction in me. If you want the full effect, throw on some headphones and turn down the lights.

Alrighty!

Here is a new TIG Review too ... all sorts of goodies today - Silversun Pickups - Carnavas

No comments: