10 November 2006

I wish I had $45 million for a pitcher


According to Buster Olney, whom I trust about as much as I trust Tony Snow, the Red Sox may have made a $45 million bid for the right to negotiate with Daisuke Matsuzaka, the 26 year old Japanese phenom pitcher. Now, if this is true, well, I'm excited. With Beckett, Papelbon, Matsuzaka and Schill, the rotation looks pretty darn good. However, if the assumption is that to sign Daisuke it might take 6 years/$80M, then when you add the bid, thats like $125M for a pitcher. Yowch! Can anyone say Mike Hampton? We'll see. In other Red Sox news, the man who threw the final pitch of the 2004 World Series became a free agent today. Keith Foulke turned down his $3.75M option and now will try to milk the weak free agent closer market. We'll see if he has any takers. My guess: Tampa? San Fran?

Wow. A baseball post? Go figure.

Anyway, here is my iPod top 10. I need to spend this weekend working considering my "distractions" are not out & about. Indeed.

10 My Slumbering Heart - Rilo Kiley
9 La La La Lisa - Math & Physics Club
8 Jeane, If You're Ever in Portland - Casiotone for the Painfully Alone
7 Compliments (Shibuyaka Remix by Nick Zinner) - Bloc Party
6 Rut! - B for Brontosaurus
5 No Rest for the Weary - Blue Scholars
4 Seems to be on My Mind - Suburban Kids with Biblical Names
3 I Think We're Alone Now (Live) - the Pipettes
2 True Affection - The Blow
1 Hope There's Someone - Antony & the Johnsons

No comments: