22 November 2006

Wild Misinterpretation



Sometimes I wish I made any forward progress in my dealings with the opposite sex. I still just have the same reactions and feelings that I had when I was in high school, yet here I am, 29 and still acting the fool. What exactly is it about relationships that cause me to act so oddly/dumbly/insanely? Not really sure beyond my lack of any true confidence that I can keep a lady interested in me (possibly based on the fact that I, well, can't, as my track record proves). Do I just make things too complicated for myself - getting worried about things I shouldn't be? Or is Lauren right in the sense that most modern women these days don't want a "relationship guy", so I can just scare them. What is the point of dating then? Or is Ashley right and I need to be more of a jerk? Not in my nature I'm afraid. Did I just miss that day of the seminar? Am I doomed? Honestly, I would love any advice on this matter? I have plenty of friends who are happily married and all - is there a secret? Can I get a hint? Anything? Sigh. Again, this post in itself is probably ridiculously out of proportion, but these days, I just feel like in my current situation, I'm living out Riley Finn's comments about Buffy: Hey, I'm well aware of how lucky I am. Like, lottery lucky. Buffy's like nobody else in the world. When I'm with her, it's like... it's like I'm split in two. Half of me is just on fire, going crazy if I'm not touching her. The other half is so still and peaceful, just perfectly content... just knows: this is the one. But she doesn't love me. *sigh*.

And on that note, a few things to entertain rather than bewilder you:
New TIG review, for Stephin Merritt's latest outing Gothic Archies - The Tragic Treasury
A grand, semi-new version of one of my alltime favorite songs "It's a Sin" by the Pet Shop Boys

EDITOR'S NOTE (11/22, 3PM): the author might be a little loopy today for no good reason. Please take his rants with a grain of salt the size of a small asteroid.

No comments: