15 November 2006

you met me at a very strange time in my life


People who talk to me frequently know my apprehension about how I will be turning 30 in about 2 months. It feels like I should have more things sorted out by the time the big ol' bell of 30 rings. However, at the same time, my 20's (and many people's 20's) have been so unsettled and chaotic, I can't imagine that it can continue. Well, at least I hope that. I mean, I'm not expecting some sort of magic enlightment when 30 hits or to feel that different, but whatever ...

Last night I watched Fight Club with my friend Marie and I noticed a few things: (1) Ed Norton/Tyler/Narrator is supposedly 30. Woo. (2) It is a vaguely uplifting movie to me; (3) He does remarkably well for receiving a gunshot wound to the head. The highlight of the evening was, though, getting a fortune in my cookie that was something like "Your current plans will come to fruitation within a year". Of course, I'm not sure what my plan is, so that might make things more difficult. I hope the PTB know what they're doing.

Anyway, I need to stop listening to so much Weezer and Badly Drawn Boy. Nothing like these gems for a melancholy mood.

No comments: