06 November 2006

Let's get my head back on straight

Sometimes, well, most of the time, I wish life could be simple. OK, maybe not simple, because that would probably be pretty dull, however, it would be unbelievably fabulous if life wasn't always so, well, bizarre. I mean, sometimes it feels like its one of those guy-meets-girl-and-new-girl-gets-cold-feet-but-then-other-girl-who-guy-already-knows-makes-move-then-has-complications-involving-another-guy type stories. You know, those. Everybody has 'em, right? Are you with me people? (A hushed silence). I guess I just feel like life has got to be simpler, I mean if we're just going to appeal to Occham's Razor, but if this is what the "simplest explanation" really ends up being, thus somebody has lost of lot of blood getting ready for work in the morning.

On that note, I did enjoy a fun evening in San Francisco with a friend of mine from Seattle. Always odd to hang out with people out of context. I do, however, wish to file a complaint with the city of San Francisco for their surface streets that MAKE NO SENSE. Sure, great, you have a grid that has a massive kink in the middle that destroys it. It's like Boston without the sanity.

I will offer a link to a "musical fun band" called Brontosaurus that I recommend. They're from Boston and the song "Rut!" tends to get stuck in my head.


Enjoy a new TIG review ... it even references a lathe! Damien Jurado - And Now That I'm In Your Shadow

And here is a late iPod Top 10 ... enjoy!
10 Scream and Run Away - the Gothic Archies
9 Lost Blues - Palace
8 Heartbeats - the Knife
7 Jeane, If You're Ever in Portland - Casiotone for the Painfully Alone
6 True Affection - the Blow
5 No Rest for the Weary - Blue Scholars
4 Compliments (Shibuyaka Remix by Nick Zinner) - Bloc Party
3 My Slumbering Heart - Rilo Kiley
2 Seems To Be On My Mind - Suburban Kids with Biblical Names
1 Hope There's Someone - Antony & the Johnsons

Oh yes, and for Big Lou and Marie
(my interpretation of the results is that all the Finns relatives in Massachusetts altered me towards that North Central accent. Damn them. At least Boston is a close second, eh?)
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central
 

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Boston
 
The West
 
The Midland
 
Philadelphia
 
The Inland North
 
The Northeast
 
The South
 
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

No comments: